Open Call for the artistic residency program at Vinegar FactorytheYard.Residency.21_TRACING NOWfrom Centre of Performing Arts MITOSJanuary – December 2021 The center of performing arts MITOS organizes for the 11th continuous year
Open Call for the artistic residency program at Vinegar Factory
from Centre of Performing Arts MITOS
January – December 2021
The center of performing arts MITOS organizes for the 11th continuous year the artistic residency programme theYard.Residency.21 and announces an Open Call for the 2021 version, under the theme Tracing Now. MITOS listens to the current situation in the field of health and consequently in the socio-political-cultural-economic sector and tries to respond positively to the difficulties that have arisen. The thematic Tracing Now arises as an urgent need to negotiate the present so that it is not lost in the postponement of future time.
The Open Call for theYard.Residency.21 invites groups / creators active in the field of theater, performing arts and performance, to complete the entries of 2021. It is addressed to creators who need a hospitable space with aesthetics, with infrastructure and technical equipment to be able to develop and present their ideas and practices. Priority will be given to proposals with a modern approach and complete artistic idea, collective works and performative form. How we narrate, what is the methodology, the tools, the performative language. The current period is so uncertain, however the structure or deconstruction in the arts must be able to meet its audience.
theYard.Residency is a living platform, which started in 2011 as a meeting of artists and has developed into a very important residency program. Every year, MITOS, according to its capabilities, shapes the framework and structure of the program for the benefit of the artists and the public. MITOS with theYard program offers to the creators, the groups and the organisations, free the space of Vinegar Factory, the infrastructure, the equipment, undertakes part of the promotion, artistic support, takes care of audiovisual coverage, offers technical support, as well as provides all ticket costs to the participants.
With its residency program, MITOS wants to support young artists with new ideas who need the frame of a platform, as well as more experienced artists who will share this their methodology, but also participations from abroad – which will contribute to the general reflection by expanding the limits of dialogue around performing arts practices and theory.
The main aim of theYard.Residency.21 is to remain a free artistic platform, operating on an annual basis in the city of Limassol, and to continue to support the artistic creation of the performing arts. All creators, groups, organizations that will be selected are free to express themselves artistically, but also to act responsibly in terms of their production. Participants will ensure:
- Free use of the Vinegar Factory (max number of residency days 10, with max 3 presentations). The final number of residency days and dates will be decided with the theYard team, according to the participant needs.
- Free use of the technological equipment and infrastructure of the space. The list of the space equipment is listed in the Application form. Also, all participation will ensure 4 hours of technical support.
- Support from a Mentor will be given to young artists. With the possibility of an open discussion in the end of their residency.
- All incomes from tickets sale will belong to the artists (€5-€10 in discussion with theYard. team). Participants can apply for and claim grants for their production, but not for the services already offered by MITOS in the frame of the theYard.Residency.21. In the case of breach, the participation will be canceled. To facilitate applications for funding, MITOS may provide certificates of participation upon request.
- The programme supports but is not responsible for the promotion of each production. (more details in the Application form).
- theYard.Residency.21 offers a simple audiovisual recording of the work for archival purposes in digital format.
- For artists from abroad, there is no possibility to cover transportation tickets but we offer accommodation. MITOS will help with translations of texts relating to their participation, will provide production assistance, as well as assist with any information needed regarding their stay in Cyprus.
- Reminder that all the protection and safety measures that will be announced and that will apply to all theaters, regarding the operation and capacity, will be observed. Regarding the presentations / performances etc, on a case of difficulties, the theYard team will examined in collaboration with the artists and decide to change the space or use the internet.
The deadline for the proposals is Wednesday, 20th of January 2021, at 23:59. For the proposal to be valid, the applicant must sent the completed ‘application form’ with all the requirements which you can find below. The application can be sent via email to theYard.Residency@mitos.org.cy, with the title: for participation in theYard.Residency.21. Audiovisual material that cannot be sent electronically, it can be posted to the address: Centre of Performing Arts MITOS, theYard.Residency.21, Astiggos 1, 3016 Limassol, Cyprus. The applications will be evaluated by a committee and results will be announced by email by the end of January. For questions and requests of more information please contact MITOS via the email: theYard.Residency@mitos.org.cy
December 22 (Tuesday) - January 20 (Wednesday)